Junior Software Engineer Job Description
You will join a team of highly qualified team engineers to continue the innovation and development of our product which uses Machine Learning & Big Data technologies to analyze content from several data sources.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on the backend of our product Lucidya which is built using industry’s latest technologies such as Redis, Postgres and Cassandra and developing APIs using Python and Ruby on Rails. The job also includes DevOps tasks from server setup to maintenance and recovery.
You will work directly under the CTO in an agile yet demanding environment. We expect you to be a fast learner to adapt those technologies mentioned above fast.
Lucidya offers a result-driven, fun, and dynamic environment full of challenges.
Even though this job doesn’t require experience, we look for very talented candidates with strong programming skills.
Only if scale and complexity excite you !
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software (backend and databases in particular)
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- DevOps tasks
- Contribute to the growth of Lucidya through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- BA/BS or or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent practical experience
- Strong knowledge in SQL and noSQL databases such as (Redis , Postgress or Cassandra)
- Fluency in backend programming language (e.g., Python, Ruby, NodeJS or Java)
- Knowledge in Web servers and Web application servers (e.g., Apache, Jetty, Tomcat, IIS)
- Knowledge in code repository like Git
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines
- Database design skills
- Perfect quality code
- Excellent organizational skills and proven analytical, planning, problem solving skills
Lucidya is a high-tech startup based in Jeddah Saudi Arabia provides an AI-powered social media analytics & monitoring tool that empowers businesses to make smarter strategic decisions using our big data & machine learning technologies. Built as a SaaS model, Lucidya is targeting international market utilizing our breakthrough pending-patented engine, Spatial Swift.